Healthcare Reality™ is an intensive Business Simulation. It challenges participants to manage their own Medical Center over a simulated 8 year period.
It emphasizes principles of Service Excellence and Lean Healthcare, such as Service
Line Flexibility, Operational Efficiency, Quality, and Research & Planning. Each team (Medical Center) competes for patients, markets and profit.
Medical University of South Carolina provided the intellectual capital needed to make
this learning tool a "Reality".
Specifically designed so participants understand:
How to develop a Medical Center Strategy, including:
• Developing a competitive advantage
• Researching and Planning for new service lines
• Developing Quality improvement plans
• Developing service line Flexibility and Efficiency plans
• Balancing planning with the Medical Center’s financial realities
How to develop a Marketing Plan, including:
• Understanding marketplace demand
• Balancing Medical Center service lines with market demand, capacity,
and revenue constraints
• Planning marketing investments to generate greater demand
• Analyzing competitor strengths and weaknesses and identifying opportunities
Medical Center Financial Realities, including:
• How cash flows through the Center
• How cash flow impacts the Center’s ability to finance operations, update service,
and meet market demand
• The impact of debt on maintaining and improving operations
How to improve Service Operations, including:
• Quality, Efficiency, and Flexibility
• How well capacity is being utilized
• Investing in new technology
BMI is pleased to announce the offering of CEUs; Continuing Education Units for our NAED Distribution Reality program.
For more information contact us firstname.lastname@example.org